July 15-21, 2012
Educational Leadership Conference and Summer Camp for Teenagers
See also: Schedule | Workshops | Speakers | Staff
Come join teens from around the country for a high-energy, experiential learning summer camp and conference. This high school academic summer camp program is different — it’s college-level learning with personal attention, with the best staff to student ratio anywhere. That means personal attention from dedicated mentors for maximum take-home skills.
Hands-on organization and management expert John Miller, Ph.D., formerly at Bucknell and Yale, has teamed up with youth leadership development expert, David Ledgerwood to create a one-of-a-kind event for high school students taking place in Nashville, Tennessee, at the beautiful Scarritt-Bennett Center from July 15-21, 2012.
The Managing Ourselves summer program challenges and strengthens teamwork and leadership skills, builds understanding of how successful teams really work, and exposes students to academic and career paths that match their interests and talents.
You’ll work together with our expert staff to:
- Learn the three things all leaders must manage to be successful
- Design missions, teams and roles for maximum effectiveness in any organization
- Manage time, people, budgets and information
- Debate and decide What’s worth doing? and How do we start?
- Write, speak and communicate ideas effectively
- Manage yourself and your team in complex situations
- Learn from and reflect on your own experiences
- Network for success
- Build technical skills with the same online collaboration technology in use at major universities across the country